Yacon syrup can be used in many ways; it can be consumed as it is or can be added as recipe in foods for same benefits. The syrup is eaten for a wide range of health benefits in the body. The benefits have been discovered long time ago, and thus the reason why it is predominantly eaten in South America as its native land.
Instead of measuring amounts of Yacon syrup to consume with tablespoons, some people may opt to include the syrup in many foods. However, there is a threat of destroying some nutrients when the syrup is heated at very high temperatures. That being mentioned, it is recommended to heat the syrup under moderate temperatures such as below 70 degrees Celsius. By contrast, it can be poured in hot tea or coffee as an alternative of normal sugar. Yacon syrup has low calories as compared to the normal sugar.
Yacon syrup can be added in a grilled chicken and make a special meal called grilled chicken Yacon glaze. How to do that?
- Measure a cup of Yacon syrup for the blend
- Measure 2/3 cup of vinegar
- Take 3 to 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Take 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Take 2 tablespoons of garlic mince
- Take a tablespoon of pepper
- And make use of chicken breasts and grill them. The syrup added will contribute a sweet taste on the grilled chicken.
Yacon syrup can be used as a recipe in Yacon caramel corn. Make use of a bowl and put popcorns in the bowl. Mix a melted butter with the syrup and pour the mixture on the popcorn. The ingredients of the Yacon caramel corn are as follows;
- Measure ¾ cup of the syrup
- Measure ½ cup of sesame seeds
- Measure 1/5 ounce of popcorn
- Measure a desirable taste of sea salt and
- Take 4 tablespoons of butter
- Take three Nori seaweed toasted sheets
Yacon syrup also fits as a recipe in salad dressing. Make use of the following ingredients;
- Measure ¾ tablespoons of the syrup to be used
- Measure 2 tablespoons of ginger
- Measure 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Measure a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Measure a tablespoon of Dijon mustard and
- Measure a desirable amount of sea salt to taste
- These ingredients are to be mixed in a bowl.
The above mentioned recipes are only a few mentioned. There could be many of them where the syrup is seen to add more value. It is therefore evident that Yacon syrup can be used in many ways. It is a natural sweetener and thus suitable for recipes. The syrup receives privilege over other natural sweeteners due to its low calories and other massive health benefits associated with it.
There are apparently many ways that one can consume Yacon syrup. It is not only restricted to its syrup or powder form as found in bottles. However, as emphasized yet again, do not cook with syrup under very high temperatures as that may destroy its essential nutrients.
Incoming search terms:
- can you bake foods with yacon syrup
- can you cook foods with yacon syrup
- how much yacon syrup do you put in tea
- one cup of sugar compared to yacon syrup
- sweet tea with yacon syrup recipe
- what foods can you put yacon syrup in
- yacon syrup menus
- yacon syrup recipe